August 15, 2014

Dueling Darlings - August

The 'friends are the family we choose for ourselves' duel has begun for August.  The girls from the Dueling Darlings on SCS are back with some friendly fun!

Carol, was our hostess for this month.  She did something that I love....use what'cha got!   Our kits were created from Carol's stash. They were so full of fun things.   I was able to make two of this card and not even dent the kit!  Thank you, Carol.

So, I have an interior photo for you this time.   Little known fact...I do not like to photograph the insides of cards...they always fall and are a pain to me...so I don't!  I for sure line and layer each card and decorate some, just do not photograph them!

I am so fortunate to have some really great friends!  I have thought of many of them during this challenge.

The Eye Batter had a birthday this week, so I called and wished her a great day and asked if she remembered when she drove her dad's car through a store front in downtown Portland {no one was hurt}. Clean up in aisle three....  It was a sad day, we really had a lot of fun in that Honda and it could not be repaired at that point!  We were good kids, just did a bunch of fun things.  Here we are years later and her 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree' son who has done some hair raising things, just made the Dean's List at his college.   All is good in the hood!

Hope you have some great friend memories too!






6 comments:

Melina said...

Ha ha! I love your card! It made me smile the second I saw it. Great job :)

dweatter said...

Cute card. Like how you cute out the image and used the heart and fiber embellishments.

Carol W said...

Oh Tami, I love your posts and I love what you did with this kit. Your card is amazing. Just perfect both inside and out. I love the stories about you good girls...lol...It does sound like you really had some fun times. (If you use a flower frog and set your card on it to photograph they shouldn't fall over...I finally broke down and purchased one at Michaels just for this purpose...) Great job my sweet friend...♥♥♥

Barb said...

I think this card is perfect! I really like that you fussy cut the image and the layout is wonderful! Love the inside of your card too!

MiamiKel said...

Cute and fun and all things fabulous! I can finally peek at the blogs and comment now that my card is done :) You used to much of the kit and in a good way! Brilliant card!

Judy McMullen said...

Awesome card, Tami! I came late to the party but so worth the effort! You created a dynamite card using so many elements from the kit in a very creative way. Love the use of ribbon and fibers on the panels and the great coloring and cutting of the "best friends"! The inside is fantastic too with that fun sentiment. Thanks for sharing stories of you and your BFF... Perfect accompaniment to this card. So grateful for the friendship we share as DDDs!!!