September 28, 2013

Calendar Girls - September

Shut the front door!   My card is done!   I know!!!!  I still have a bunch that is behind, but thought I would try to stay current moving forward.  It's a start!  LOL

Terry, is our great hostess this month.   Her challenge for this SCS group is to create a card using a sketch {check}, a birthday theme {check} and either wet or dry embossing {check}.  Shoot, I had to dig my embossing bin out!  You would think after all of these years I would have something to hold the paper so I do not fry my fingers.  You would think!   Of course I could not get the photo to depict the embossing.  It's the little things....

Well, I am still in my 'use what'cha got' phase.  I went digging through my scrap bin.  I found some floral paper that I have literally had for like over ten years.  I am surprised it was not yellowed! I paired it with a scrap of more recent paper.   I tried to mimic the background of the DP on my card face by rubbing the card on the ink pad.  My card stock is so old, I don't even know the color!  I think it might be Stampin' UP! Bliss Blue.  The sentiment is from an older than dirt Stampin' UP! word set. 

Since I was working with relics, I listened to some on Pandora while I crafted.  I had to laugh when this song came on.   Um, why is it that we all know the words to this one?!  I remember my mom listening to this when we were kids and we would run through the house saying we were riding like the wind.  So much for not running in the house!

Please be sure and check out all of the Calendar Girls creations.  Their blog links are on the right side bar.

Have a great day!


 
Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday, 2 Sisters Challenge Blog

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Super lovely card, my friend - love the wonderful colors you used! Great take on the sketch and i'm impressed at your use of 'almost' grandma papers! :)

Blessings, Calendar Girl sistah! x0x0

Liz Williams said...

What a pretty color combo on this. Love the sketch and the papers.

~Paola~ said...

I love your card and the chosen colors/papers...it looks very versatile and feminine...the kind of cards my Momma loves too ;o) ♥

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Well, if this isn't gorgeous, I don't know what is?!?!?!? Love the way you used papers and image with Terry's sketch. And wow! Love the way you used the twine. So fun!

Barb said...

Wonderful card Tami--and I do think those papers are very pretty!

It was a fun sketch that Terry gave us to use and you did a sweet card!

loz said...

Gorgeous Card. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Terry Ladwig said...

What pretty colors and papers you used on this one! It's a great girlie card and I love it!

I hope you had fun with the challenge!

P.S. I think my next door neighbor looks like Christopher Cross ☺