January 17, 2013

Valentine Cards

Hello!  I hope that you are all having a good day.  You know a little love is just around the corner....yep, Valentine's Day!  

There are a group of friends of mine that get together for a weekend to make our Christmas cards each year.  We decided to go ahead and get together every few months during the year as well and work on themed projects. 

The hostess will provide all of the card kits for the themed holiday and a general purpose card.  The visiting girls are in charge of wine, appetizers and dessert.  How fun!

I was first up with my themed holiday of Valentine's Day.   You know that I would have normally had the kits done like last November, but I seem to have been chasing my tail these past few months.   I had to get to cutting....yep, the night before the get together.   Oh my.  I did a rough estimate and I think I made about 1200 cut layers, punches and ribbon cuts.   It was a busy night!   LOL

I am not usually a fan of the dollar clear stamps.   They just do not stamp well enough for me.   I do find that they stamp better using Memento ink though.  I also have found that images stamp better than words.  I saw a little dollar set that gave me an idea.  I bought it to try and it worked!  The words not so much as usual, so I used a Stampin' UP! stamp for the S.W.A.K.

We created Valentine postcards.  I chose a thick 110# paper to make the postcard out of.   We decorated up the front of the card and made the back to look like a postcard that you will write your message on.  We are not sending them as postcards, but they will fit in an A2 envie.

The girls seemed to like their project, thankfully.  The good news is that my Valentine's cards are ready to go.....that was the idea of the group in the first place!  

 
 
 
Card entered in the following challenge:  Make it Monday 

7 comments:

Barb said...

Cute-Cute--CUTE!

MiamiKel said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE! This is darling, Tami! The card is fabby but that envelope steals the show! :) x0x0

Carol W said...

Cute, cute, cute Tami...I'm sure everyone was delighted with the card...yikes on the all nighter, cutting....great job...♥

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet card. I {heart} it!!! ;)

AnnMarie said...

Adorable!! :) Love all the pink!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card and I love the matching envelope!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

marsha said...

Ooh, this is just gorgeous with all that pink!
Hugs,
Marsha