November 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings - November

Welcome to the duel!   The Dazzlers and the Divas are here for our monthly challenge.   Let the duel begin!

Planes, Trains & Automobiles are our theme this month!  While I have not seen the movie, I have heard it is funny.  I will have to add the movie to my 'to view' list.  The premise of the movie is a part of our challenge, traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday.

The first thing I thought of with travel was this song!   While I love me some Gladys, I really like this rendition from the Indigo Girls.

We spent most of our Thanksgivings at my grandparent's house, which was about an hour drive away, so no long road trips.   We eagerly anticipated the feast awaiting us! 

Carol, is our hostess for this round.  She sent us the best kit containing so many travel themes.  I was tempted to use the train - I think that is where the song came from - but I went with a general travel theme.  

We have a friend that is recovering from major surgery.  One of his goals is to spend the holiday with his family.  Due to this, I forewent the image and stamped the destination. I am sending him this card, so he can keep his eye on the goal.  I hope it works!

Please be sure to check out the other Dueling Darlings' creations.  Their blogs are listed on the right side bar.



 
Card entered in the following challenge:  Make it Monday

14 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Terrific card, Tami! Love that crisp, clean look of neutrals withthe pop of red. Great layout gives it a very dynamic look. Love the story behind it too. I'm sure your friend is going to enjoy receiving it! Hope he makes a full recovery and gets to Oregon for the holidays!!

April said...

I love how you personalized this kit for your friend! I am sure he will make it home for the holiday! (Like my song in response??lol)

Darlene said...

How great that you changed up the kit for someone special! I am sure that he will appreciate it! This is a perfect card for a guy recovering his health. As for the Indigo Girls, and that double CD set in particular: Bijou is very familiar with it, and that song in particular, as it's in my fav's! Great minds

Barb said...

Tami--I think it is perfect that you personalized this card for your friend.

I like the layout and how you used so many of the elements!

I am so glad you are a Diva!

MiamiKel said...

Check it! As in your card, not the baggage! :) So sweet!! Love the color palette you are working with here - the stark vanillas against the black and pink - tres elegant!! What a fun idea to personalize it :)

*Blessings to you, Dueling Darlin!*

kadie said...

Hi Tami!! I'm so excited to be a Diva with you!
Wonderful job on your card and what a great encouragement for your friend! I love how you've used all the fun elements of the kit! HUGS

Melina said...

Oh my! that is so cute Tami! I love the pink accents. love, love, love :)

~Paola~ said...

great 'man card' Tami! I loveee the elegant classic black and white you chose,perfect for making all your other wonderful detail pop! Great idea to help and get your friend motivated!! You are always so thoughtful and caring of others...♥ xox

Terry Ladwig said...

What a great card Tami! I really hope the person getting this card makes it to Oregon! Very clever way to change the card by adding your own destination!

Love the colors you used and how you put the whole thing together!

Great job this round!!

Love it ☺

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Tami I LOVE this card and the song. You really did an amazing job on the card...and the use of the kit....way to go my friend....this is outstanding...hugs...

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, I love Love LOVE your card! Such a great reminder to think outside the norm... your use of the sentiment and not the image is Perfect!!! Lovely job!

I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness in sending this gorgeous card!

Loved hearing about your holiday memories, too!

Rene said...

What a great project! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

dweatter said...

Cute card. Great CAS layout. I love that ribbon and OMGOODNESS is that a big pink brad!?! I love it!

Jacquel said...

Very nice! I like how the main image is off kilter & the colors you used!