October 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings - October

It is time to duel again!  It is the 15th and we are ready to go here with the Dueling Darlings from SCS. Welcome!

We have a bit of a different duel this month.  Melina, who is on the Dazzler team, is the hostess for both the Divas and Dazzlers. 

Melina, issued a challenge theme for each team.  The theme of our respective challenge(s) are in thought of our team leaders, Jeanette and Kelly.   The Diva's team leader Kelly, who loves animals and buttons.  That is our theme this round, Kelly, animals and buttons! We are to use an animal and a button on our card. 

I went on the hunt through my images from past image swaps, in search of 'something out of the box'.  I think I may have succeeded!   LOL  This cute little Penny Black image is called Bikini.  She is lovin' on some Popsicle, with a cute handbag.  Perfect!   The sentiment is from Create With TLC.

I tried to make my card in the footsteps of, Kelly.   The theme is for her warm and beachy climate.  The papers....well, I think she will like them as they were gifted to me from her!   I tried for bright colors, which is a bit out of my element.  I used lots of layers, flowers, buttons and bakers twine.  All things that Kelly works so well with.

I love the fact that Kelly always is thinking of others.  She makes our Diva team a pleasure to be on.  I am thankful to have her as a friend.  I hope she likes the piggy!!!!

Please be sure to see what the other girls have created.  Their blog links are on the right side bar under Dueling Darlings.



Have a great day!

 
Card entered in the following challenge:  Make it Monday

18 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh my word, this is SO CUTE!!! Beachy, bright and full of Kelly's style: colorful, buttons, layers and flowers! Great job, Tami!! Love the piggy and her too tiny bikini!

Terry Ladwig said...

What a cute piggy! This card is totally Kelly colors for sure! She will love it ☺

Love the ribbon, all of the layers and of course the button and flower!

Great job Tami! Love it!

April said...

Perfect paper!! Love this!!

Barb said...

Tami--I just said "Oh My" out loud when I saw your card. This just squeals cute!!!!!!!!!!! Love that image and the sentiment makes me smile. Great layout too.

So glad you are a DDD!

Melina said...

*giggling* this is too cute! Great patterned papers too. Super colorful, just what Kelly loves! Great work :)

Judy McMullen said...

Tami, what a perfect card for our sweet Kelly! The beachy theme with that cute piggy image and the bright papers, buttons, flowers, ribbon, brads and twine along with that great sketch are fantastic!! She's going to love it!

kadie said...

Tami, this is so so cute! I love the beachy feel and that sentiment is PERFECT to represent our dear friend Kelly's heart for friendship! HUGS HUGS HUGS!
P.S. when ya coming trick-o-treatin? I'll have the chocolate waiting! ;)

kadie said...

LOL, just noticed that Barb said it "squeals" cute...she's so clever...that made me smile!

~Paola~ said...

ohmygoshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...can this card be any cuter?? It is sooooooo adorableeeee and colorful (and yes Tami you DO bright colors very well too!!).. I love, love , love, LOVEEEEEEE this fun immie and the amazingly PERFECT sentiment....oh my such a cool card!!!♥♥♥

MiamiKel said...

Awwwwww super fun!! I totally get it ... Such a festive Miami style card and lots of bright colors!! (and I'd secretly never pass up on ice cream!! Fun job on the challenge of which I am so honored to be celebrated today ... Total shocker!!

Big hugs to'you!

Blessings!!

Carol W said...

Wow, Tami, what a card...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it...Bright like Kelly likes and oh so darn cute. I love the layout the image and that awesome sentiment...AWESOME job on this card!!! Woohoo...♥

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Tami -this is SOOOOOO Kelly! :) And so adorable!

lalkygirl said...

what a fab card ,so summery and bright ...love the cute piggy
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Tami! Your card is ADORABLE!!! And how very fun to use paper Kelly gave you for Kelly's card. You are such a delight! I'm glad you thoughtt to do that!

I love how you described our Kelly! I sure do love that woman, don't you?

And that bikini-wearing pig....... what can I say? It makes me smile!

Glad we're in the DDD together, my friend!!!

Jacquel said...

NICE card! I love the bright colors you used & that image is adorable! TFS!!!

dweatter said...

Cute, cute, cute! What a fun image and I love the bright colors. Your buttons and flower are perfect Kelly embellies! And go great with that terrific DP.

maryrose said...

So bright and cheerful!

AnnMarie said...

This card is absolutely adorable!!! Love the fun, bright colors and that image makes me grin big!! Super cute card! :)