August 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings - August

It is duel {or should I say deal} time for the Dueling Darlings.  The Dazzlers and Divas have a great theme this month of 'Are You Game'?!'

So you know that the theme made me think of a player.  Then it made me giggle at the phrase 'don't hate the playa, hate the game'.   Then I had to listen to the group Player.  You know that you have to sing this one!  There was also a cute boy I once knew in high school that would sing a song he made up....red you win, black you lose, it all depends on the cards you choose!   I wonder what happened to him.....okay I just looked on Facebook he is a sales manager for a pharmaceutical company!  For sure they don't know about his song or his torrid past!!!  Don't hate the playa, hate the game!  LOL

Kelly, was our hostess this round.   She sent the most adorable kit to work with!   Whipper Snapper's Pair of Aces for the image and a oogle of papers and embellies.   

Our extra challenge was to use at least two DP's, the wood charm, one ribbon, one button and one bling item.   Oh my.   Buttons.   They frighten me just a little.   They are reminiscent to sewing!   LOL   So, I did use two DP's, the stripes and I covered the wood charm in a DP.  I actually had floss to put in my button {are you impressed yet?}.  I used Distress Stickles so they would not be as shiny, although they do not photograph well.  With that, here is my creation for this round.




Please be sure and visit all of the Dueling Darlings.   Their cards will amaze you!   Blog links are on the right side bar.   Have a great day!

Card entered in the following challenge(s):  Make it Monday

12 comments:

April said...

Another wonderful card! I love how you used this uber-fun kit!
Buttons should never s are you!!

Darlene said...

Tami, this is really fun and pretty at the same time! (how do you do that?) LOL about your memory-bounce and looking up that school chum on FB!
I really like the colors on this one, rich & soft, love it!

Melina said...

How sweet! I love the deckled layers! Great card :)

Judy McMullen said...

Wonderful card, Tami! Great neutral color theme. Very clever use of the dsp, especially using on the wood diamond piece. Your image is beautifully colored...lov the decled edge on the image and layering panels. Very creative use of the ribbon and bling on the striped panel. Love the floss accent on the button so perfectly placed. GREAT CARD!!!

Barb said...

Tami--what a cutie. I love the nestie you used for the image and the colors are perfect! I think the layout is cute and I love the angle.

Thanks for sharing such a cute card and being a part of a great group of ladies!

MiamiKel said...

What a fun card Tami! love your song stories ... Thought for a second you were going to say you foind him on you tube!! ;) beauriful shading of the ace pair! Im sorry i included buttons in the challenge :( i didnt know you were not a fan ... Forgive me! & for taking so long to stop in and comment
LIFE!!! :)

~Paola~ said...

awww...such sweet card...love the c/s colors U chose for it and that spellbinder is da bomb....makes the image pop...aside from its wonderful coloring...mmm..I may NEED to get that one too...LOL

dweatter said...

Look at you go girl using buttons and floss! :). I absolutely adore your card. Love the color scheme and distressed look on the image...that is how all the playing cards in my house look. And covering the wood charm with DP...how clever you are! Fantastic!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, I love your layout! It is detailed, yet organized and clean. KWIM? I love your style!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

First of all great story and thanks for the music.

Second, great card, that image is cute and you did a great job with your extra challenge ☺

Carol W said...

Now that is one sweet card...I love it..you are such an inspiration, plus you have great stories to go with your card...I love your layout and how you used the paper...classy for sure...great job my glittah sistah....way to go...

Lisa Minckler said...

That's a fantastic image! I really love the layout on your card as well and the coloring is wonderful. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Happy Crafting...
Lisa xx