October 16, 2010

Boo!

Here I am again, saying that I have not had a blog post in a month!   I really am trying to get better.  I promise!

Halloween is just around the corner.  All of our fall decorations have been displayed and I have enjoyed the colors and candle scents.

In looking at the calendar, I needed to start on my Halloween cards for adequate mail time.  I have had the supplies for quite some time, just needed a layout and to actually make them.  Here is the card I created yesterday:



I had the gray cardstock for the card base on hand.  The black layer is Stampin' UP! Basic Black.  I used Heidi Grace Designs DP in Jeepers Creepers, which is doubled sided paper.  

I used an EK Success border punch, and then added Ranger Enamel dots in white.   It is the first time that I worked with the enamel.   It is a really cool product.   If you are going to use it, do plan on an overnight dry time.  The ribbon is from Offray in Pewter.

The interior of the card utilized the second side of the DP, with stripes behind the punched edge.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut out the candy piece and embossed it with the Disney Tricks-n-Treats die cut and embossing folder.

Thanks for checking in and I hope that you have a great fall!

10 comments:

April said...

Tami,
Nice card...glad to see you back to blogging!!
I still haven't finished my H-ween cards, guess I can't send what I don't have made ;-)

Carol W said...

Great card Tami...you are so talented...I love the look of this and the way you used the cuttlebug to cut out the candy piece for the inside...great dsp, layout and whole card!!!!

MiamiKel said...

WTG Tami! I keep checking back to your blog often and this is certainly worth the wait! WHat a cutie those pumpkins are! How fun - you've done a great job! x0x0

Imke said...

These pumpkins looks so funny ! I like the black and orange. Very great card.

Helen Dooley said...

Hey its your blog and life can make us busy and great times can make us do other things. You made an awesome card for us to see! Thanks so much for sharing with us on For Fun!

Pat said...

Great card. Thanks for Playing with lets Ink It up.

Shirl said...

Lovely fun card makes me smile as I look at it, very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Shirley x

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Great fun card, thanks for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a lovely, fun card! lol ;) Thanks for joining us at LIIU and I hope you can join us again soon ;)) Hugs, Joanna x

Shelley said...

What a great Halloween card. Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx