August 3, 2010

Fishing Riley

As I have mentioned before, my dad loves to go fishing.   I try to keep my eye out for any type of stamp or image that is associated to fishing with him in mind. 

I was a part of an image swap that had Riley & Company images.  I was excited that I received two of the Fishing Riley images.  One each for my dad and father-in-law.   Well, I was only able to make one card.  ** Insert pet peeve here ** Don't you just not get it as to why people stamp an image that needs to be colored in an ink that is not suitable for coloring?!  Just sayin'! **  Since my dad's birthday is this week, he gets the card!

You may notice that I used the same paper and colors from a previous project.  I really thought that they worked for both.   Here is Daddy O's card:

The card stock base is Conqueror DX22 Diamond White, as well as the white the image is printed on. The light blue layer is Stampin' UP! Bashful Blue. The darker blue layer is Bazzill paper. The DP is from Best Creating Inc.

I colored the Fishing Riley with Copic markers.  I used Nestabilities to cut the image and the blue layer.  The water was sponged on with Stampin' UP! Bashful Blue ink. 

I used Stickles in Patina for the hat, reel and bob.  I used Stickles in Diamond Dust for the water highlights.  The glitter brad is the Reflections brand from Michael's.

I just love the Riley's and I know my dad will too!  Thanks, for stopping by.





Card entered into the following challenge(s):  Riley & Company, Catch the Bug Challenge, Digi Doodle Shop's Best, Creative Inspirations, Paper Play Challenges, Dutch Dare Card Challenges

9 comments:

Judy said...

Oh how adorable this is!! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

KymKreates said...

Your project is just awe-inspiring! Thank you for getting Punched and or Cut up with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Karen said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Monika Reeck said...

Totally adorable....sweet Images and the coloring also so lovely...nice using die cuts too...Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.Hugs, Monika

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is super cute...Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes" at PaperPlay.
Alicia xx

dweatter said...

Terrific card. Love the color combo and the DP at the bottomo of the card - I NEED SOME!! Love how you used the spellbinders. Great job!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tami, how adorable! Your card is awesome!!! I love the Riley Fishing image and your coloring is amazing! Love he swirls at the bottom, too!

I left you something on my blog! ;)

http://creativeplayischeaperthantherapy.blogspot.com/2010/08/cherry-on-top-award.html

MiamiKel said...

Awwwwwww, gorgeous!!! I haven't seen my Rileys in forever - love what you did with yours!