May 28, 2010

Apple Blossom


I hope that everyone has great plans for the holiday weekend.  Whether it is busy or relaxing, enjoy your time!

I have a card to post today, which was sent to an ill friend a little bit ago.   I received the image in an image swap on SCS.  I felt like using blue as a color.  Wouldn't you know it; I found some 'Grandma Paper' again in that matstack that I cannot seem to get away from!  LOL

The card base is Stampin' Up! Not Quite Navy.  The DP is from DCWV The Cafe Mediterranean matstack.  I like how the DP has embossed flowers. The green layer is from my scrap bin.  I had the eyelets on hand.

The image titled Apple Blossom.  It is from Silver Fox Stamps and More.  It was fun to work with.  I colored the image with Copic Markers and Prismacolor Pencils.  I used Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to texture the flower image.  I sponged the background with Stampin' Up! Creamy Caramel and Apricot Appeal inks.  I then cut the image with Nestabilities.  I used dimensionals to raise the image from the card base.

Just a quick note regarding Nestabilities.  I purchased five different types of them recently, having never used them before.  I would suggest when you purchase to get the large sets, as I went back and forth and purchased small and wished I had not.  I have found that most images take the largest die cut and then you do not have a larger die to layer with.  It has happened almost every time I have used them thus far!  I know what I will be getting soon - the SAME ONES I have, but larger! 

Thanks, for taking a look and again, have a great weekend!

Card entered into the following challenge(s):  Pollycraft Monday, Stampin' for the Weekend, Inky Impressions, Sew Many Challenges

3 comments:

April said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you added the texture on the flowers after you colored them!!

crafty amy said...

This is gorgous I bet your friend loved it and it looks great in the blue colours :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Di said...

Beautiful card! love the blue!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
HUgs Di x